NOTE that the kit has new colours!
Your Bluesky Starter Kit gives you everything you need to create beautiful, salon-quality gel manicures and pedicures from home.
Your Starter Kit includes:
- 24W LED Nail Lamp
- Base Coat 10ml
- Top Coat 10ml
- 3 Colours (Dolly Milk, Moonwhite, Nude) you can change one colour. Write your wish in the comment box while ordering.
- 20 pcs Cleanser Wipes
- Nail File 100/180 grit
- Nail Buffer 100/180 grit
How to use Bluesky Gel Polish:
1. Start off by filing the nail into your desired shape using the 100/180 grit shaping file.
2. Gently push back the cuticles with a cuticle pusher.
- It's very important to clean the cuticles from the nail plate, as any excess cuticle can make the gel polish lift from that area very easily. If your cuticles are very stubborn, we recommend the Konad cuticle remover to help.
3. Gently remove the shine from the surface of the natural nail with the 100/180 grit buffer file.
4. Brush off any excess dust.
5. Clean the nail with the Bluesky Cleanser Wipes. This step is very important for the longevity of the polish.
Now that we're done with the prep, we can finally move on to applying the polish!
6. Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to the nail. We have multiple different ones, here.
NOTE! As you are applying the polish, "curve" the brush over the edge of the nail to cap the end. This is nicely demonstrated in this video.
7. Cure the the polish under the Bluesky lamp for 1 minute. The polish will still be sticky after curing to ensure better adhesion.
- The standard curing time for gel polish is 1 minute in LED and 2 minutes in UV.
8. Apply a thin-ish layer of your colour gel polish. Remember to cap the end of the nail with each coat. Avoid the cuticle area. Cure for 1 - 2 minutes depending on your lamp.
9. Apply and cure your second layer of colour polish just like the first one.
- If you want a more solid colour, you can add a third layer. However two coats is usually enough.
10. Apply a layer of Bluesky Top Coat the same way as the others. Cure for 1 - 2 minutes.
11. Unless you're using a No-Wipe Top Coat, take a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe and remove the sticky layer from the top coats surface.
And voilá! Your beautiful gel manicure is done. Now you can add some cuticle oil to your nails and cuticles to bring back any lost moisture.
- Longevity of the gel polish
Bluesky gel polish is extremely high-quality and usually lasts for 2-3 weeks. Some people however have naturally very oily nail plates, which causes gel polish, artificial nails and even regular nail polish to not stay on properly. In which case we recommend using Bluesky's Primer in between the 5th and 6th step, after cleansing the nail and before applying base coat. The primer creates a sticky, 2-sided tape-like finish on the nail, which the gel polish will adhere to.
- Removal of the gel polish
Bluesky gel polish removal: File the top of the gel polish to break the surface so there is no more shine. After that use Bluesky's own gel polish removal wraps, which are a quick and easy way to remove the polish. Link to the removal wraps and their instructions, here.